Contact us on +27 71 684 0620 |

Statutory Services

Statutory Services

SARS PAYE Registration

Employees’ Tax refers to the tax required to be deducted by an employer from an employee’s remuneration paid or payable. The process of deducting or withholding tax from remuneration as it is earned by an employee is commonly referred to as PAYE.

Important Information

Who Is It For?

The amounts deducted or withheld must be paid by the employer to SARS on a monthly basis, by completing the Monthly Employer Declaration (EMP201). The EMP201 is a payment declaration in which the employer declares the total payment together with the allocations for PAYE, SDL, UIF and/or Employment Tax Incentive (ETI), if applicable. A unique Payment Reference Number (PRN) will be pre-populated on the EMP201, and will be used to link the actual payment with the relevant EMP201 payment declaration.

How and when should it be paid?

It must be paid within seven days after the end of the month during which the amount was deducted. If the last day for payment falls on a public holiday or weekend, the payment must be made on the last business day before the public holiday or weekend.

The following payment methods are available:

  • eFiling
  • Electronic payments through the internet (EFT)
  • At a branch of one of the relevant approved banking institutions. Cheque payments may not exceed R50,000. This limit applies irrespective of the number of tax periods being paid, or should multiple cheque payments be made.
  • At a specific SARS branch, cheque payments may not exceed R50 000. This limit applies irrespective of the number of tax periods being paid, or should multiple cheque payments be made.

Employees’ Tax exceeding R10 million

Employers who pay, or are likely to pay Employees’ Tax exceeding R10 million in any 12-month period, must submit Employees’ Tax declarations and make payments electronically.

R 999

Code: #009

SARS PAYE Registrations
R 999 only


Tax Clearance Certificate

A Tax Clearance Certificate (TCC) validates your status of a taxpayer. A TCC is issued free of charge and may be required for:

  • Tenders – when applying for a tender or bid advertised
  • Good standing – to confirm that the applicant is tax compliant
  • Foreign investment allowance (FIA)
  • Emigration

Important Information

What do I need to do?

Depending on your requirements you will need to complete one of the following:

  • IT 21 (a) – Application for a Tax Clearance Certificate in respect of citizens emigrating from South Africa
  • TCC-001 – Application for a Tax Clearance Certificate in respect of Tenders & Good Standing
  • FIA-001 – Tax Clearance Certificate i.r.o Foreign Investment Allowance for Individuals

A TCC will only be issued by SARS where the following requirements have been met:

  • The taxpayer must have registered for an Income Tax reference number prior to applying for a TCC.
  • No outstanding debt for all taxes (including Secondary Tax on Companies (STC),
  • Administrative Penalties and Employees’ Tax).
  • Any deferred arrangements made are being adhered to.
  • All returns and/or declarations must be up to date and in the process of being assessed by SARS.
  • All tax reference numbers must be active and correct, e.g. the tax reference number must not be de-registered or suspended on the SARS system.
  • The registration details on the TCC01 must correspond with the information on the SARS systems.

Top Tip: A TCC is only valid for one year from the date of issue in respect of a tender and/or good standing, provided the taxpayer remains compliant with SARS requirements.

R 549


SARS VAT Registration

Who should Register for VAT ?

It is mandatory for a business to register for VAT if the income earned in any consecutive twelve month period exceeded or is likely to exceed R1 million. The business must complete a VAT 101 – Application for Registration form and submit it to SARS within 21 days from date of exceeding R1 million. A business may also choose to register voluntarily if the income earned, in the past twelve month period, exceeded R50 000

R 1 499

Code: #003

VAT Registrations
R1 499 only



What is The Compensation Fund

All employers who employ one or more workers in connection with their business or farming activities are required to register with the Compensation Fund. All registered employers (with a few exceptions) pay an annual assessment fee. The fund covers workers against occupational diseases, injuries and death. Workers who are affected by occupational injuries and diseases are entitled to compensation.

Read about the Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act 

Important Information

The Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act applies to:

  • all employers; and
  • casual and full-time workers

who, as a result of a workplace accident or work-related disease are:

  • injured,
  • disabled, or killed; or
  • become ill.

The following are excluded:

  • workers who are totally or partially disabled for less than 3 days;
  • domestic workers
  • anyone receiving military training;
  • members of the South African National Defence Force, or the South African Police Service;
  • any worker guilty of wilful misconduct, unless they are seriously disabled or killed
  • anyone employed outside the RSA for 12 or more continuous months
  • workers working mainly outside the RSA and only temporarily employed in the RSA.

Who Must Register?

Anyone who employs 1 or more workers must register with the Compensation Fund and pay annual assessment fees.

A separate registration is necessary for each separate branch of a business, unless an arrangement for combined registration has been made.

Benefits of Registration

  • Employers are protected against civil claims if a worker is injured on duty.
  • Workers who are injured on duty can claim compensation for temporary or permanent disablement.

R 1 140

Code: #008

Compensation Commissioner Registration & Letter Of Good Standing
R1499 only

Includes letter of Good Standing


Letter of Good Standing

A Letter of Good Standing is a document that is required when submitting tenders, and is issued by the Compensation Fund. In order to obtain the letter, employers are required to be registered with the Compensation Fund, have submitted all returns of earnings and paid the monies due on assessment. A letter of good standing can be obtained once an employer has complied with the requirements of the Compensation Fund Act.

Important Information

Requirements of the Compensation Fund Act, inter alia:

  • Employer must be registered with the Fund as per section 80 of the COID Act;
  • Employer must have submitted all returns of earnings as per section 82 of the COID Act;
  • Employer must be fully assessed as per section 83 of the COID Act;
  • Employer must have paid/settled all outstanding debt as per section 86 of the COID Act.

Employers who have not yet been assessed by the Compensation Commissioner will first be assessed, up to the current assessment year, and are expected to pay all assessments in order to meet the criteria above.

NB. Outstanding monies owed to the fund on application of the letter will need to be settled or installments payments arranged before the letter of good standing will be issued by the Compensation Fund.

R 549

Code: #008

Compensation Commissioner Registration & Letter Of Good Standing
R1499 only

Includes letter of Good Standing



B-BBEE is an initiative implemented by the South African Government aimed at addressing the inequalities experienced by previously disadvantaged South Africans under the old apartheid legislation. It’s purpose is to provide a form of economic empowerment for “black” people. “Black” people in South Africa are defined as Africans, people of Mixed Race as well as Asians.

BEE Law is also a means to stimulate entrepreneurship in South Africa, and therefore there are provision for White owned businesses to achieve good BEE Ratings through various mechanisms. (For example a White owned business with an annual turnover below R 5 million).

There a number of different level BEE certificates (from level 8 to level 1) depending on contributions made to support the integration of black people into the economy. The better the level of BEE Certificate the more BEE points that can be claimed.

Broad-Based black economic empowerment (BBBEE) is a highly specialised and complex area, and requires professional assistance and guidance in order to identify the best possible BEE status for your business, and to maintain or improve your BEE status year after year.

R 499


NCR Registrations

The National Credit Regulator (NCR) was established as the regulator under the National Credit Act No. 34 of 2005 (The Act) and is responsible for the regulation of the South African credit industry. It is tasked with carrying out education, research, policy development, registration of industry participants, investigation of complaints, and ensuring the enforcement of the Act.

The Act requires the Regulator to promote the development of an accessible credit market, particularly to address the needs of historically disadvantaged persons, low income persons, and remote, isolated or low density communities.

Important Information

Who Should Register?

Credit providers
Credit providers who have entered into at least 100 agreements or have a total outstanding book of credit of more than R500 000;

  • Are juristic persons and individuals;
  • Have a commitment to combating over-indebtedness.

Credit Bureaux
Entities qualify as credit bureaux if:

  • Their business receives reports or investigates credit applications, credit agreements, payment history/patterns, or consumer credit information from consumers or prospective consumers.
  • Their business receives reports or investigates credit applications, credit agreements, payment history/patterns, or consumer credit information from consumers or prospective consumers.
  • Excluded: credit providers or employees of credit providers

Debt Counsellors
Debt Counsellors which have complied with all the provisions of The Act and satisfied the training requirements of the NCR. Debt cousellors will conduct independent enquiries into consumers’ financial circumstances and make recommendations to the courts concerning debt restructuring and suspension of reckless credit agreements.

Requirements for Registering as a Debt Counsellor as per Regulation 10 of the National Credit Act and Regulations 34 of 2005:

  • Applicant must be 18 years or older
  • Must have a grade 12 certificate or equivalent level 4 qualification issued by the South African Qualifications Authority in terms of regulation 10 ( a) ( i)
  • In case one is still currently studying towards a minimum of grade 12, The NCR may register such applicant subject to a condition of registration (specific condition) to provide the NCR with proof of completion of such within 5 months from the date of registration as a Debt counsellor.
  • Must have a minimum of two years working experience in any of the following fields:
    * Consumer Protection * Complaints Resolution * Consumer Advisory Services * Legal or Paralegal Services * Accounting or financial services * Education or training of Individuals * Counselling of Individuals * General Business Environment.
  • Must not be subject to an Administration order as contemplated in section 74 of the Magistrate ‘s court Act 32 of 1944
  • Must not be subject to debt re-arrangement as contemplated in section 86 and 87 of the National Credit Act.
  • The person must demonstrate ability to manage his / her own finances at the time of applying for registration as well as providing counseling or transfer of skills.

Price on Request